Re: Make USE_WX_ZOOM=ON the default.

On 01/11/2011 12:34 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> I have been playing around with USE_WX_ZOOM=ON again because I've yet again run
> up against my second least favorite global variable ActiveScreen.  It seems to
> work fine on both Linux and Windows for displaying, printing, and plotting.
> Has anyone using OSX tested this?  If there are no technical reasons not to use
> it, I would like to make this the default setting to flesh out any corner case
> behavior.  After any issues have been resolved, I would like to eliminate all
> of the #ifdef USE_WX_ZOOM/#endif code and all of the dead code associated with
> ActiveScreen.  This has the following advantages:
>
> * Gets rid of global variable ActiveScreen.
> * Eliminate redundant scaling functions.
> * Remove a layer of drawing code complexity.
> * Makes me happy :)
>
> Any one have any objections?

Not me.  It has been an issue outside my circle of concern, and I don't
claim to even know all the nuances.  But from what I gather this simply puts
the burden of doing graphics transforms down into the graphics layer
(outside of Kicad) where it belongs....

If the graphics layer falls over and cannot handle what it claims to be able
to do, then this does not speak well for the graphics layer.  Such a
problem, if it were to exist, needs to be on display, not swept under the
rug.  We are now in year 2011 after all.   The extra scaling in Kicad would
gladly be banished to the museum of computer evolution.

Dick