Re: RC3a feedback

On 01/12/2011 04:19 PM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I've been routing a board this week, and found the Set Grid Origin a
> god send! The only trouble is that the grid origin doesn't get saved
> with the board.
>
> Is the grid origin meant to be saved with the board file? I would have
> thought it should be if it has been moved from 0,0. Otherwise it is
> easy to get off-grid when you continue routing the board when you
> re-open it.
>
> Thanks for all your hard work, routing this PCB has been really smooth.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Brian.

>From my recollection, Lorenzo made a patch to save that option in the board
file, and it never got committed.  This is at least a year ago.  I think he
has his own tree local on his disk and it is in there.  It would be
wonderful if you could find the original patch and get it in sync with
current code.  Would need a way to search the mailing list, or maybe Lorenzo
has a better idea.

Dick