Re: Sweet parser

> Pin name is, in fact, actually a pin description, and currently is just a comment.
>
> About pin "numbers" (currently a 4 characters identifier) I believe an enhancement in Eeschema could be the support of pins having
> multiple pin numbers.
> I see 2 cases:
> -Power pins in large ICs:
>   they have 100 or more GND, VCC .. pins.
>   In schematic an enhancement could be: put only one pin having one pin name (or description) and a lot of pin numbers.
> -"Bus pins"
>   The is in fact a similar case: one pin having many pin numbers.
>   Useful for components like memories and microprocessors to handle data bus and address bus with only 2 pins.
> the difference between these pins is mainly for netlist generation.
>
> In library files format and load/save functions, just allow the ability to store more than one pin number per pin.
> The cost is low.

What we have now is:

(pinTYPE SHAPE (at X Y [ANGLE])

(length LENGTH)

(name“NAME” (font[FONT] (size HEIGHT WIDTH) [italic] [bold]) (visible YES))

(number“NUMBER” (font[FONT] (size HEIGHT WIDTH) [italic] [bold])

(visible YES))

(visible YES)

)

So a 3rd consideration is to do what Jean-Pierre suggested, handling
multiple (number....) elements.

Feedback on the 3 ideas is needed at this point. Without feedback I will not
change anything, since multiple pin 'number's can be added later relatively
easily.

Dick