Re: FindwxWidgets.cmake

On 4/5/2011 2:35 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

>> CMake 2.8 was release in November of 2009.  Maybe it's time to bump that up to
>> 2.8.0?
>
> I can identify no reasons to not require 2.8.x, if it brings special
> goodnesses in.

I just merged the 2.8.4 wxWidgets FindwxWidgets with the local version and
found some issues which I resolved.  For now I'll stick with that solution but
I'll probably bump the required version of CMake to 2.8.0 since there were some
nice improvements to the the 2.8 branch we may want to take advantage of at
some point in the future.  One nice addition to FindwxWidgets is you can use
-DwxWidgets_CONFIG_OPTIONS to pass parameters to wx-config.  You can now have
multiple versions of wxWidgets installed in the same path and pass
"--version=x.x.x" to specify the exact version of wxWidgets to build against.

> Really, if makes *your* life easier, do it.  If customers complain, feel
> free to offer them their money back.

Or they could cut my pay in half.