Re: EESchema hit test changes.

On 03/25/2011 08:08 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 3/25/2011 4:46 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>> On 03/25/2011 02:46 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>>> Since no one complained about my EESchema hit testing change proposal, I just
>>> committed the changes in r2920.
>> Thanks!
>>
>> When the dust settles on this, bugs smoked out, this is definitely going to
>> be a very big win for eeschema.  And I am probably assuming bugs that I have
>> no right to.
> It doesn't matter how may combination's of key strokes and/or mouse
> clicks you try, someone will find that one combination you missed.  It's
> such a large change that I would be surprised if I didn't miss
> something.  It should be a lot easier to find now that hit testing code
> isn't spread all over the place.
>
> Wayne

Its wrong that so much work should go into the package and then the contributor
not get at least a thank you.

I have been going through a stretch where I have not been using Kicad much, but
working on weekends on it.  This morning I got chance to try the new
disambiguating menu support in EESCHEMA that Wayne wrote, loved it, and was
reminded that somebody put a lot of work into this without pay and without any
thanks.

This is insane people, and I would not expect it to continue.  People should not
be expected to do this quality of work without pay.

Thanks Wayne!

I like it.  GREAT job.

Dick