Re: Converting KiCAD to metric units: The approach

> Why both? Save it in internal units and present them to the user in the
> unit (s)he want...

"store", means save on disk.  I said "both", but I meant "either/or".

There is only the one internal unit being discussed, and that has been nanometer.

>> Actually the mils and the mm are human readable.  That is their value.   The
>> ASCII Kicad files have always been able to make this claim.  Storing things in
>> nanometers will lead to big numbers, and there will be a lot of zeros.
> As a non-US resident I'd have some comments about the readability of
> decimils :D

You said decimils, did you mean "decimal points"?  We can only communicate if
the nouns are understood.

Let me assume you meant decimils.  Decimils are not proposed moving forward.
mils are proposed moving forward, with a decimal point in the files.

Its all been said now.   We have are working with 100% output and 19% input
currently.  The floor is getting messy with stuff not being absorbed into the brain.

Maybe just re-reading the existing postings would be helpful.

Dick