Re: Converting KiCAD to metric units: The approach

:
:
> Yep, nanometers are small enough. You could use tens of nm
> to gain an order of magnitude on the maximum size (40 m of
> space, or about 3.5 bits of headroom for computations
> without overflowing). OTOH you would have a slightly less legibly file format.

Why less legible file format?   I am not arguing for tens of nm, I am saying
that that decision has no bearing on file format human readability.

Are we no longer in agreement that we will be saving these interim board files
in either mm or mils?

This interim file format is hopefully only good for a year or two until we can
get the s-expression format out.