Re: KiCad new look - new icons and new buttons

Le 23/08/2011 17:22, Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :
On 08/23/2011 09:42 AM, fabrizio wrote:
Hello,
thank you all for these replies, I have made some mockups for some
main toolbars:
http://www.vincentresearch.com/tmp/

Jean-Pierre, how are you generating the XPM files now?  Can this be automated
into a script for all bitmaps?

Sorry for the delay in answering, but I was on vacations last days.
The tool chain is:
.svg -> .pgn (using Inkscape)
.pgn -> .pgn with less colors (usually 16 colors) Irfanview. Also I can see the result is 16x16 pixels.
(This conversion is mainly made to have smaller .xpm files, because these .xpm files are stored (in binary form) in kicad executable files, so using 32 bit colors in .xpm ascii file is a bit annoying))
.png -> .xpm with an utility called XPMConvert.
And the final .xpm file must be edited.
XPMConvert is a tool built with wxWidgets, and I believe the conversion from .pgn to .xpm is made by wxWidgets function.

This is a bit tedious, and .svg -> .png (Inkscape) -> .cpp (Cmake) is a dream for me.

For other questions:

Most of icons were designed by a contributor Inigo Zuluaga (see Kicad About / Artists)

Fabrizio, thanks for you work.
I can send you the files Inigo Zuluaga sent me a long time ago (700 Ko).
There are a lot of .svg files (that needs some rework to be used a expected now).
Some of these files are already in Kicad sources, but not all.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS