Re: Reorganization and QC of kicad library

Hello,

hauptmech, thank you for the doc, it is very useful. I only have
ipc-7251,7351 here.  I'll read through it and see what I can apply to the
library.
I also plan to develop such calculator or at least a better footprint
viewer for kicad. This viewer will be very useful for Cvpcb & Pcbnew.

fabrizio, I would like to create a new library set for kicad. What I'm
doing now is defining standard, guideline, etc (drawing style, naming
scheme, etc)  for the library.
This works is due to, in fact, I (almost) never use current kicad library
which is, IMHO, lack of consistency, standard, not quite beautiful.
I use my own set of library (and I think many do). I think we should share
the library so we can improve library usability & variety.
I thought about improving the current library. But it can break any existed
design. Therefore starting a new library is better choice for me.

Simon, good idea. With user submitted libs, kicad library dev (could be
kicad-library-committer) can review if the library meet the defined
standard and merge to the main branch. One problem that came to my mind,
where will the submitted libs store?

Tony