Re: OSX and new Icons

Hi,
On Dec 9, 2011, at 8:51 PM, Marco Serantoni wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I'm as usual doing my semestral build of Kicad, one is for Xmas.
> I've noticed that icons were changed i wish to compliment with the author for the enhancement, i appreciated the KDE style but i'm afraid that could be confusing for operations like New, Open and Save that are usually coded in a different way under Windows and OSX.
>
> Now passing to the problem, i've noticed that also the icons for the applications are changed, to make them appear correctly under OSX i need to a bitmap of different square sizes: 16,32,128,256,512 needed for a icns file (icon).
> Are those avaiable ? otherwise i had to still use the old icons and create a new one for PCB Calculator.

the svg-sources for the icons should be in "bitmaps_png/sources". There is already some cmake support for them (the quote below seems to indicate this was done by Dick):

Important cmake config options:

1) USE_PNG_BITMAPS is defaulting to ON, change it to OFF if you don't like the
PNGs and want to use XPM for size reasons, or what not.   I think eventually xpm
support goes away.

2) MAINTAIN_PNG defaults to OFF.  Set to ON only if you have all the tools
installed that are described in bitmaps_png/CMakeLists.txt.  If you are not a
PNG maintainer, the *.cpp files are part of the source tree, and you do not have
to build them.  Note to builders, be careful you don't churn the *.cpp files as
PNG bitmaps are built, so that you do not create unnecessary bzr deltas in the
source code tree.

Hope that helps,
Martijn