Re: OSX and new Icons

Le 10/12/2011 02:18, Martijn Kuipers a écrit :
Hi,
On Dec 9, 2011, at 8:51 PM, Marco Serantoni wrote:

Hi folks,
I'm as usual doing my semestral build of Kicad, one is for Xmas.
I've noticed that icons were changed i wish to compliment with the author for the enhancement, i appreciated the KDE style but i'm afraid that could be confusing for operations like New, Open and Save that are usually coded in a different way under Windows and OSX.

Now passing to the problem, i've noticed that also the icons for the applications are changed, to make them appear correctly under OSX i need to a bitmap of different square sizes: 16,32,128,256,512 needed for a icns file (icon).
Are those avaiable ? otherwise i had to still use the old icons and create a new one for PCB Calculator.

the svg-sources for the icons should be in "bitmaps_png/sources". There is already some cmake support for them (the quote below seems to indicate this was done by Dick):

Important cmake config options:

1) USE_PNG_BITMAPS is defaulting to ON, change it to OFF if you don't like the
PNGs and want to use XPM for size reasons, or what not.   I think eventually xpm
support goes away.

2) MAINTAIN_PNG defaults to OFF.  Set to ON only if you have all the tools
installed that are described in bitmaps_png/CMakeLists.txt.  If you are not a
PNG maintainer, the *.cpp files are part of the source tree, and you do not have
to build them.  Note to builders, be careful you don't churn the *.cpp files as
PNG bitmaps are built, so that you do not create unnecessary bzr deltas in the
source code tree.

Hope that helps,
Martijn

Thank you,
Marco

If you need only a png version of icons,
you can just convert the source icons (see bitmaps_png/sources/*.svg) to various png icons sizes
using Inkscape (It was used to create the svg files).
sources icons are vectored, and can be converted to any size without loss of quality.
Inkscape has a build-in png exporter.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS