Re: eeschema fields moved in version 3230

Le 06/01/2012 16:14, Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :
On 01/05/2012 05:05 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
On 01/05/2012 02:22 PM, jean-pierre charras wrote:
Le 05/01/2012 20:52, Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :
Jean-Pierre,

All my EESCHEMA part "texts fields" were moved when using revision 3230 and later, on
screen.  These text fields are now shifted up in most cases.  I can send jpegs if you are
not familiar with the problem.

On one schematic, which consists of 17 sheets, it seems like a lot of work to "fix" what
was already a good schematic.  I don't know if the changes in

      eeschema/sch_field.cpp, rev 3230

were worth this inconvenience.  I wonder if it was your intention to actually move all
fields of all schematics ever created with KiCad before 3230?

Thanks,

Dick

I just committed a change in sch_field.cpp,
to go back to old behavior for field texts justifications (I am thinking this patch works in all cases).
Note: only vertical texts have a modified behavior.

This option is not currently activated.
To test it, change the line
#define USE_TEXT_JUSTIFY_INITIAL_BEHAVIOR 0
#define USE_TEXT_JUSTIFY_INITIAL_BEHAVIOR 1
in sch_field.cpp

Set USE_TEXT_JUSTIFY_INITIAL_BEHAVIOR to 0 to use  a justification relative to the text itself
(the current behavior)
The justification relative to the horizontal text.
Se to 1 to go back to the initial Eeschema behavior.
The initial behavior is:
  For vertical texts, exchange the horizontal and the vertical justification
  The idea is to keep the justification always left or top for instance, no matter the text orientation

Unfortunately, this is very tricky when you want to change a text field justification,
when the field and the component are both rotated 90.0 degrees

This is the reason I changed the justification of rotated texts.

For instance, using the old behavior:
* load a component like "R" from the device lib (the value is rotated 90.0 degrees).
* Rotate the component 90.0 degrees.
* change "R" to a bigger text.

and try to change a justification...

(Try the same thing with the new behavior).

However the new behavior breaks schematics that use many components having fields rotated,
and using a not centered justification.

So we make a decision: old or new behavior?

I need your opinion.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS