Re: Removal of datasheets to reduce installer

On 01/15/2012 02:34 AM, hauptmech wrote:

In my opinion: A url to the manufactures page on the part is much more
useful.

Very often data-sheets disappear from manufacturers web sites... I think it is important to bring a copy of the data sheets into the project. The feature of rt-clicking on the schematic to bring up the data sheet is awesome... I don't think the URL can replace having the PDF..

A URL to the manu website as a standard part field seems a good idea.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

The society that puts equality before freedom will
end up with neither. The society that puts freedom
before equality will end up with a great measure of both.
- Milton Freidman