Re: Kicad and page orientation.

On 01/14/2012 08:40 AM, Александр Закамалдин wrote:
> For a long period of time Kicad has no choice of page orientation in an explicit form.
> There is predefined page orientation - landscape by default and portrait for A4 Kicad-GOST.
> This fact is annoying for a lot of Kicad newbie and sometimes for me.
> Maybe there are some circumstances not evident for me?
>
> Thanks.
> Alexander Zakamaldin.

Added "portrait" support to the page size settings for all standard paper
sizes. Tested with postscript output only. Required minor file format changes
to reflect the "portrait" setting. common/dialogs/dialog_page_settings.cpp
uses a checkbox but its name is "Landscape", which is inverted from portrait,
but since it is the more common choice, I used that rather than portrait.
The tooltip for that checkbox makes it clear. No portrait mode is supported
for "User" paper size.

Don't know if GOST diffs are needed anymore in common/class_page_info.cpp, although for
some reason A4 page size is thought to be different between the two compilation paths:

#if defined(KICAD_GOST)
const PAGE_INFO PAGE_INFO::pageA4( wxSize( 8283, 11700 ), wxT( "A4" ) );
#else
const PAGE_INFO PAGE_INFO::pageA4( wxSize( 11700, 8267 ), wxT( "A4" ) );
#endif

Will the real paper size please stand up?

This is significant, because we would like GOST to be a runtime choice, not a compile time
choice if possible. That way we do not have to compile so many times for verifying
build-ability before each commit.

Dick