Re: How can I use Doxygen to understand Kicad Source code?

On 02/25/2012 09:03 AM, David J S Briscoe wrote:
> Hi,
> I would in the fullness of time like to contribute to Kicad source code.
> But first I have to learn C++. How can I supplement my learning by using
> Kicad source as an example?
> In particular how do I properly use Doxygen to help in my understanding?
> Thank you.
>
> David.

Install it.
Put it into your PATH.
Verify that it is visible on the command line, this better run:
$ doxygen --help

Then simply do:

a KiCad cmake build target invocation using make out of the normal KiCad source tree:

$ make doxygen-docs

Find the generated html files in Documentation/*/index.html