Re: Hello, I want to help with you project

On 27 March 2012 10:56, Edwin van den Oetelaar <edwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> My name is Edwin, I have some motivation and skill to help with your project.
> Although I am not very old yet, I do have some deep knowledge of
> PCB's, data-formats, workflow and related software.
> (I have been working in this field for more than 15 years)
>
> I can program in almost anything, and have some visions on how to make
> this project even better.
>
> Just throw me a bone (a few bugs to get my teeth into) so I can chew
> on it, and help you.
> I am a bit confused about how this is coordinated, I see so many
> websites (sourceforge/lauchpad/yahoo, some French stuff)
> Just point me in the right direction.

Hi Edwin,

Sourceforge is where the codebase for KiCad USED to be hosted.

Yahoo is where the users mailing list IS hosted, and where the
developers mailing list USED to be hosted.

A while back, a decision was taken to move the codebase and developers
mailing list to Launchpad. KiCad developers also use Launchpad's other
facilities like bug tracking and reporting, etc. It is best to start
at KiCad's launchpad page and start poking around:
https://launchpad.net/kicad

For speed, here's a direct link to the bug tracker for KiCad hosted on
Launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad

You can subscribe to the bug tracker so that you get reported of all
changes to KiCad related bugs.

Best Regards,

Brian.