Re: Kicad scripting progress :-)

    During the last two days I had some hours to spend on scripting again,
I've been able
to fix some memory management problems (objects added to a board or module
get deleted
by board/module object, but python tried to delete them too, now that
condition is detected
and avoided  - .thisown=0 in python during (board/module).Add(object) did
the work-.

    Now we have wxRect and wxSize wrappers, that were missing.

    I find some important points that I must address (prioritized list):

     a) May be working in the KICAD_PLUGIN part for component libraries, to
move the librairi.cpp
code into plugin system.  There's already some design about that?  [I'm
writing a separate email about this]

        This is very very interesting: we cleanup kicad's code (as it's
planned), and would offer many
benefits: ability to create footprint wizards, making automated component
servers/libraries, etc...

     b) I should start documenting somewhere how to work with scripting.
Where's
the right place? http://kicad.sourceforge.net/wiki/Main_Page ? , or may be
other place?

      c) Hook points for scripting inside kicad UI:
            c.1) Dynamic toolbar + hotkey assignment for registered plugins
            c.2) Footprint wizards list, where plugins could be registered.
            c.3) Contextual menu plugins (they could registered, and when
you right click on some object, they check if they should
                   offer their functionality in the list)
            c.4) Scripted DRC plugins