Re: file format feedback

On 4/9/2012 11:18 AM, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
> They seem to be using "wire" for schematics:  and "wire" for pcb  too.
>
> They also enumerate the layers at start.

Miguel,

Thanks for the eagle files.  A layer map at the top of the file is a
good idea.  Something like

(layers
  (0 "NAME_OF_LAYER_0)
   .
   .
  (N "NAME_OF_LAYER_N)
)

Only the non-default layers would get saved.

> In my opinion "wire" or "track" is better than segment (that could be a
> drawing line)

I agree that segment wasn't the best choice.  Wire is concise and
readable.  I have no objections to using wire although "trace" or
"track" is probably more descriptive.  Most folks I know use trace or
track.  To me, wire is something you buy by the spool.  Although, I have
seen plenty of production boards with wires tacked on to them :)

Wayne