Re: Another preview - people just kept asking for this

On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 06:00:18PM +0100, Nathan Dumont wrote:
> This is a great new feature, especially if combined with the searcheable
> text, currently I plot as Postscript then run ps2pdf on Linux but if I can
> save an extra command and get searcheable schematics that's great.

Searchable text isn't there yet in pdf... but there is 'rendering mode 3' (i.e.
invisible text) which should give searchable text and a plausible highlight
box. Adding text to a PDF sadly is not *that* easy (you have to define
resource, descriptors and you have to manually keep track of metrics).

Ah, BTW the pdf generated is about 10% smaller than the one distilled by ps2pdf...

> Still some way to go, figured I'd give it a hard test and this is what it
> rendered like on my Android phone using Adobe Reader. There was no page
> border or schematic info at any zoom, but zoomed out those lines off the
> screen didn't draw.

Uhmmm strange... I'll try to test it with other readers.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl