Re: import directory

On 05/05/2012 11:28 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
I would recommend loosing up restrictions on contrib code,

Yeah no problem, I created the branch for your code today, it is bran new.  We just have
to clear a higher threshold for code wanting to make its way into testing branch.

I can't find it, I only see: trunk, stable and testing....

*fwb@fw:/tmp$ bzr info lp:kicad*
Standalone branch (format: unnamed)
Location:
  branch root: bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/%2Bbranch/kicad/

Related branches:
parent branch: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kicad-testing-committers/kicad/testing/
*fwb@fw:/tmp$ bzr info lp:kicad/stable*
Standalone branch (format: unnamed)
Location:
  branch root: bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/%2Bbranch/kicad/stable/

Related branches:
parent branch: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kicad-testing-committers/kicad/testing/
*fwb@fw:/tmp$ bzr info lp:kicad/contrib*
bzr: ERROR: Permission denied: "Cannot create 'contrib'. Only Bazaar branches are allowed."
*fwb@fw:/tmp$ bzr info lp:kicad/kicad-contrib*
bzr: ERROR: Permission denied: "Cannot create 'kicad-contrib'. Only Bazaar branches are allowed."
*fwb@fw:/tmp$ bzr info lp:kicad-contrib*
bzr: ERROR: Not a branch: "bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/%2Bbranch/kicad-contrib/".
*fwb@fw:/tmp$ bzr info lp:kicad/new*
bzr: ERROR: Permission denied: "Cannot create 'new'. Only Bazaar branches are allowed."
*fwb@fw:/s/opt/bzr/kicad/kicad/kicad$ bzr tags*
April-2010-release   2339
copy-of-subversion-repo 2339

I'm also not sure I need a branch, only a new directory: *kicad/contrib*.
My contrib stuff is standalone, for example: EDIF(Orcad) in; .sch, .pro
and .cache.lib out and contrib/edif2kicad/make would only need to be
run to include e2sch, e2net in a binary distribution.

Are the following defines consistent for Kicad project with bzr?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The *trunk* is the main line of development in a SVN repository.

A *branch* is a side-line of development created to make larger, experimental
or disrupting work without annoying users of the trunk version. Also,
branches can be used to create development lines for multiple versions
of the same product, like having a place to backport bugfixes into a
stable release.

Finally, *tags* are markers to highlight notable revisions in the history
of the repository, usually things like "this was released as 1.0".

Who, how is the kicad package for Ubuntu generated for example?
A quick look through the CMake stuff, any package distribution doesn't
seem to be a target. How does the set of files get specified for a ubuntu
binary release? Just wondering how to specify contrib exe, libs, script
files, etc...

Is there a developers best practices doc somewhere beyond coding?
man bzr is more helpful than bzr help.

*fwb@fw:/tmp$ bzr whoami*
Frank Bennett <bennett78@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>