Re: Graphics Limits … Windows & CAIRO

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 02:51:23PM +0200, Marco Serantoni wrote:
> Lorenzo, if i recall correctly there is also an OpenGL backend that can be
> enabled setting an enviroment variable.

Uhmm... I'll try it.

> We have usually a statically wireframe loaded, changed in small pieces and
> almost moved or zoomed.

A 20 years old trick done by the matrox drivers with the autocad display
lists :D at the time the dynamic pan zoom was spectacular (I'm talking
about the times of the millennium cards...)

The 'main' problem is that consumer cards (and drivers) are usually
*awful* in performance in geometry-mode (i.e. wireframe, not filled
polygons), just look at the opengl demos (which usually have a framerate
counter and a filled/wireframe switch).

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl