Re: Next Grid hot key ` and the nightmare it can release

Le 03/07/2012 02:38, Carl Rash a écrit :
I was trying the new internal dimensions out for a build on a rather large PCB (60 square inches). I am going along at an
intensive clip because I need to get this thing done.

I’m done, DRC passes with no problem, sweet I say to myself. Then I get my first DRC result from the PCB house, hundreds of via
holes with violating annular ring dimensions.

My vias were set for .025” and a drill of 0.15. The PCB house requires a .005” annular ring and some of mine were .0042 - .0043.

I started a new iteration and suddenly I find that I am no longer on the 5 mil grid but I am working on a 2.5 mil grid. This is
not a problem in itself but I discover that the drill file does not resolve to this accuracy and truncates some valuable
information. All of the violating vias were off the 5mil grid.

I do not think that there should be a hot key for something that can totally trash your layout, and if it does the drill file
generating code should adapt to the smaller dimensions.

I do not think the grid size has something to do with the via sizes.

However a rounding issue(fixed now) could explain your problem.
can you verify the actual size/drill values of vias having this issue (could have a size smaller than 0.025 after saving/reading the board file)

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS