Re: FW: Next Grid hot key ` and the nightmare it can release

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 10:16:21AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Is there actually a bug here?
>
> It is sounding like a user error, not a true bug.
>
> It is fully understandable that you do not like the current functionality, which might be
> validly classified as something other than a bug.

Agreed. Also that kind of issue is detected by the DRC so no harm is done... *and* the grid size is clearly visible on the toolbar (but there could be confusion on the drawn grid at some zoom levels, see another post of mine).

OTOH now that we have the dual grid feature (rationale: coarse component grid and fine component grid, IPC recommends 0,5-0,2-0,1 and 0,05 mm respectively) the grid step keys are more or less deprecated (I didn't even knew that function was bound... if they can be rebound then simply remove that binding)

By the way using grid lower than current clearance/fabrication level is *very* useful, expecially with mixed imperial/metric components (hint: two tracks instead than one between pins)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl