Panelising gerber files in Gerbview-Will this ever be possible?

Hi,
I really need a way of importing gerberfiles into Gerbview and
panellizing them/arranging them in a uniform manner within a fixed board
area (preferably in an automated way).
I need this so I can collect Gerber and drill files files submitted by
students together and place them in a 9 inch by 12 inch panel ready for
routing on an S62 LPKF
router. I would even be willing to pay my own money to have someone code
this for me even though I need it for use at work (as a technician at a
UK university) and I will not be able to reclaim any of the cost from
the university. I have toyed with the idea of using GerbMerge (written
in Python) but it is going to be painful to use. I would love to be able
to do this in my favourite tool (Kicad).
Is there any way I could come to some arrangement where I pay for this
work to be done.
It would make my life a lot easier. Any thoughts.
Thanks.

David.