Re: More on scripting and wx, thanks Edwin!

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 04:52:01PM +0200, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
> the wxPython thread, we're making things
> more complicated at compilation time with this, as it might require to
> compile:
>
> * swig 1.3.xx (probably patched with wxpython patches) used for wxPython

The docs don't tell about patches to swig

> * wxPython

I think it's complicated only for source builders like me, but usually we care for ourselves:P

It's the wx configuration to use which is important to pinpoint (the old issues with wxString/wxChar and the standing issues with hash tables depending on the wx/gcc version in use)

I think that if it compiles out of the box on the 'common' distros (lets see, I think that covering Fedora/Debian/Slackware should make it work everywhere... maybe Gentoo too), it should be enough.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl