Re: Revised batch plot control file

On 08/07/2012 04:36 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> On 08/07/2012 01:20 PM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
>> I revised my ideas on the batch plot facility after some experimentation (the testbed was useful). Here is a 'converted' control file showing all that it can do at the moment.
>>
>> All the features are in there, only the parser/executor has to be implemented.
>>
>> My 'biggest' problem on the dsnlexer for now was that the comment character is # instead of ; (and it choked on my lisp commenting habits:P:P)

Hey, if we want to support ; for comments as well as # for comments both, I have no
objections.  It is easy to add that.
Both of those are common comment indicators in configuration files, so why not our files?

> ( I have no lisp habits.  Ironic, since I eventually came around to appreciate the
> sexpressions. )
>

> Lorenzo, did you invent a programming language?
> I could not tell if this was procedural or not from your comments.  Clearly it is at least
> partly procedural.

Additionally, I want to say that the following paragraph was not intended to be critical.
I am just trying to measure the utility of the scripting support in its current state.

As a twist on running a python program from the command line, will it be possible to
inject a script into the Pcbnew environment and tie its invocation to a menu or list box
selection?