Re: Fwd: Re: KiCad suggestion

On 8/10/2012 9:26 PM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 01:20:29PM +0300, Vesa Solonen wrote:
Do you know why Scott wants independent scaling?
Anyway... scaling with two factors is as difficult as an homogeneous
scaling.

Its more matter of the user interface.

Given that the user has likely imported the bitmap into a graphics program to rotate it to the correct orientation, and to crop it, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect them to adjust the
scaling as well before using it with Kicad.

What would worry me is that an image of that kind would be probably
*huge* especially if at high resolution. Blitting it efficiently could
be tricky...

I've been using two underlays on Windows and it has not been a problem. I've only tried it on Linux in VirtualBox, and it was quite slow when zoomed in, but I'm not sure if that was due to the virtualization or something in the wx bitmap handling
on Linux.

Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment – VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren@xxxxxxxxxxx
 Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs@xxxxxxxxxx

 "Science is the poetry of reality." Richard Dawkins