Re: slow PCB_IO::Save()

On 10/24/2012 03:50 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 10/24/2012 3:01 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>> Wayne,
>>
>> I am seeing very slow operation of said function even in Release build mode.
>> Its bad enoughto warrant some study, maybe we can find a bottle neck.
>> We might need to run some performance analyzer on it find out where the time is going.
>>
>> Please test with the biggest board you can find.
>>
>> Thanks for any help you can offer on this,
>>
>> Dick
>>
> Dick,
>
> I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that I used
> wxFileOutputStream instead of wxFFile.

Might be, we don't know.

My first guess was that we are doing some internationalization or otherwise slow lookup of
layernames.

This problem does not seem urgent, only important.

Until you have time, if folks want their *.kicad_pcb files saved to disk by a certain
time, they should know to start the process early enough before that due date.

I have not used a profiler in years, but that seems like one certain way to smoke out the
problem.