Re: Scripting build on Windows

> Well, the version info is correct, in that the following is a result
> of PCBNEW->Help->Copy Version Information:
>
> Application: Pcbnew
> Version: (2012-10-23 BZR 3779)-testing
> Build: wxWidgets 2.9.4 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC
> 4.7.0,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
> Platform: Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1), 64-bit edition, 64
> bit, Little endian, wxMSW
> Boost version: 1.49.0
>          USE_PCBNEW_NANOMETRES=ON
>          USE_PCBNEW_SEXPR_FOOTPRINT_LIBS=OFF
>          KICAD_GOST=OFF
>          USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
>          USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
>          USE_BOOST_POLYGON_LIBRARY
>          KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
>
> But what I was after was a menu option, or some visual hint that
> PCBNEW is honouring the scripting option. i.e. a menu option to show a
> scripting option or something! :-)
>
> Anyway, I just installed wxPython-2.9.4 and am building against that
> with the KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON option now ON.
>
> Best Regards, Brian.

I've grabbed wxPython. I have merely installed their binaries in the
python install, and I've grabbed their dev files and moved the
/include/wx/wxPython directory to my local wxWidgets build which gets
built as part of the KiCadWinbuilder script. I assume that on Windows
we will need to compile the wxPython source as our wxWidgets libs
instead of a native wxWidgets install.

Best Regards, Brian.