Re: Python bindings for 3D parametric model tools

Hi Miguel,

 I'll work on that and let you know. :)  What I plan to do at the moment is:

1. Write a tutorial using a few sample Python scripts to demonstrate how to use various components in the module.  I will include some instructions on building and installing the module as well.  I will concentrate on what the different classes can do and let the users use their imagination to create parts.

2. Rework the DIP and the Thru-hole resistor code so that they can be invoked from Python to generate custom parts.

3. Continue with building up the tools and parametric models.

I just have to resist the temptation to do too much of (3) and make sure I put some time into (1) and (2).  :)

I'm very bad at selecting colors, so any user suggestions on VRML color schemes will be welcome.  I prefer to keep 2 sets of colors; one that looks good in the KiCAD 3D viewer and one that looks good for other VRML viewers.

- Cirilo