Re: -std=c++0x break build on MinGW and wxWidgets 2.9.4

On 11/15/2012 10:57 AM, Alex G. wrote:
> Not to be the harbinger of evil, but isn't that supposed to be
> "-std=c++11" ?
>
> "-std=c++0x" was some half brainfarted, transitional flag, that never
> really worked well. Once the C++ 2011 standard was officially released,
> we got the newer "-std=c++11".
> Not sure if there should be any difference, but my 2 cents tell me to
> use '-std=c++11".
>
> Alex

The goal was to get a general hashtable support, not limited to the wxString crap.   Yes,
wxString is crap IMO.

That goal seems to have been achieved now without any special command line option via
boost/unordered, see hashtable.h

If it is not working on all the various gcc compilers, then your suggesting is worth
considering, as is an upgrade to boost.

However I think we should be through the woods now, the only new code over last week is
the boost hashtable incorporation, and this, using the same command line options as before.