Re: -std=c++0x break build on MinGW and wxWidgets 2.9.4

On 11/15/2012 11:52 AM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 11/15/2012 11:50 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>>> I know it's probably of no use, but I'm seeing the same error too, with 4.7.0 MinGW.
>>>
>>> Best Regards, Brian.
>>
>> It might hurt less after commit 3803.
>>
>> Backed out the compiler command line option, reverted to auto_ptr from unique_ptr, and
>> kept the boost hashtables.
> The latest version of Boost (1.52) has compile fixes (although they are
> non-specific) for the polygon library in the change log.  Maybe we need
> to update Boost in KiCad (1.49) to the latest version and give it a try
> to see if we can have both the Boost polygon library and
> std::unique_ptr.  It doesn't seem that unreasonable to expect to be able
> to use both in a modern build environment.

Boost has nothing to do with the problem with MingW and wx.  wx has a bug, remember?

This wx bug is not boost related, but comes in with the command line option.

It seems unique_ptr can wait a couple of years for the ripples to settle out.

We're supposed to believe now that auto_ptr is dangerous?  I think proper usage
circumvents all immediate concerns about it, as has been the case for years.