Idea for getting funds for KiCad,

It could be a "brain fart", but I wanted to share it before I forget, and see what you think,

    Ok, just imagine, that we arranged a server for KiCad, that had a pool of PCB manufacturers, great,
then users in KiCad, at "manufacture time" could have access to this pool right from KiCad, easily, instantly quoted
on parameters provided by each manufacturer. Nice feature for all users.

    Then, how to monetize it, and gather funds to keep KiCad getting developed where we want it:

      Option A): charge a % from the manufacturer, harder to control, as we must know that the transaction happened correctly.

      Option B): let the PCB manufacturer providers pay monthly (auction style) to go up in the list.

      What do you think about it?

    Greetings!, mike

Miguel Angel Ajo
http://www.nbee.es