Re: KiCad Developers

On 11/12/2012, at 18:33, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can't think of a good reason to keep CvPcb around if you can easily
> assign footprints in the schematic editor.  Most of the comments I've
> seen have been fairly negative about having to use a separate tool to
> assign footprints to components in KiCad.  It would also be one less
> thing to maintain.

Avoiding the maintenance of another component is a good point, but, I think
CvPcb is an advantage compared to other EDA tools. It's awesome easy to review
and change footprints thanks to CvPcb compared to other tools I've used,
where you need to go component by component changing every footprint (painful).

Just an opinion.