Re: Append schematic feature in Eeschema

Le 14/12/2012 10:16, Jacobo Aragunde Pérez a écrit :
Hi again :)

El 12/12/12 12:25, Jacobo Aragunde Pérez escribió:
I have noticed there is a feature in Pcbnew, "Append board", to add all
the components from a .brd file into the currently opened document. This
feature doesn't exist in Eeschema but I thought it would be useful there
too.

The attached patch adds this feature linked to a new entry in the "File"
menu.
I've just realized that in some cases this is not working correctly. In
particular, if Eeschema was not able to load all the libraries (it shows
a window on startup saying "The following libraries could not be
found"), then imported items will not be drawn correctly (they appear as
a box with a question mark).

In order to fix the patch I'd like to ask about the relation between
schema files and components. When you use a component in a sheet, is the
component information saved to the .sch file? If so, I guess that

Well,
What *exactly* do you mean by "Append schematic" to an other schematic.

Append a schematic to an other schematic has nothing to do with append a board to an other board.
A board is described by only one file, a schematic by many files.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS