Re: Append schematic feature in Eeschema

El 15/12/12 20:28, jp charras escribió:
> Le 14/12/2012 10:16, Jacobo Aragunde Pérez a écrit :
>>> I have noticed there is a feature in Pcbnew, "Append board", to add all
>>> the components from a .brd file into the currently opened document. This
>>> feature doesn't exist in Eeschema but I thought it would be useful there
>>> too.
>>>
>>> The attached patch adds this feature linked to a new entry in the "File"
>>> menu.
> Well,
> What *exactly* do you mean by "Append schematic" to an other schematic.
>
> Append a schematic to an other schematic has nothing to do with append a
> board to an other board.
> A board is described by only one file, a schematic by many files.

Yes, maybe the name I chose for the feature is not the best one ;) .

The feature could be called "import components from another sheet". It
opens another sheet file and loads its components into the currently
open sheet. It is roughly equivalent to opening both sheets, copying the
components from one of them and pasting into the other one.

I still have to think (a) what to do when the components in the other
sheet are not in the loaded libraries and (b) how this works with
hierarchical schematic projects.

To fix (a) I was asking about the relation between .sch files,
components and libraries. When I open a .sch file which uses components
that are not in my loaded libraries, how does eeschema know the
components definition?

--
Jacobo