Re: Python scripting cmake build macros.

On 15 January 2013 03:15, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2013 8:27 PM, "Dick Hollenbeck" <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I want to simplify the conversation and refer to these needed items as
> windows "packages".
> >
> > Python
> > Python-dev
> > WxPython
> > WxPython-dev
> WxWidgets
> WxWidgets-dev
>
> 6 packages, not 4.
>

> > No source, nothing for our windows kicad builders to build.
> >
> > The 4 Packages are dowloaded from our website, and installed in known
> places on every supported windows os.
> >
> > 4 packages  can have been built by any compiler in advance, or simply
> repackaged by us in advance, but for new mingw kicad code coming in to sit
> on top or to inter-operate thru the windows dll abi.
> >
> > I'm wanting the goal to be ageeded upon before the work begins.  I think
> I've stated it here clearly.
> >
> > Windows ABI says the compiler used to build the 4 packages should not
> matter.  Information hiding says only API headers should be necessary.

Dick, I totally agree with this! It is how Inkscape do it (
https://launchpad.net/inkscape-devlibs ) and I think it would be the best
way forward for KiCad.

I would be tempted to include swig in there too to make it a bit more
complete as a set of build dependencies.

Wayne, thanks so much for looking at this too. The last place I got stuck
was the missing -lrt problem.

Best Regards, Brian.