Re: Python scripting cmake build macros.

Argh, no need to apologize Wayne, I hope they can recover your system
and provide you with something that works in an stable way.

I really hate when those things happen, 4-5 years ago I had a problem like
this with a couple of laptops, after some time we suspected of power surges
in the electrical line, because some more little things died around, and I
was
astonished with the fact that the power adapter (2 different models)
didn't kill those surges properly, which surprisingly only killed the
hard-disks ...

I wish you good luck with the repair.

for the time being, I've been able to build a couple of packages:

http://dev.kicad-pcb.org/pkgs/Python-2.7.1-mingw32.tar.gz
http://dev.kicad-pcb.org/pkgs/Python-2.7.1-mingw32-builder.tar.gz  <--
those are my cross build scripts at the moment that expect some files in
"archive" directory.

The python-2.7.1 we've built runs for win32, and I'm installing it to
C:\Python, but could go other places

It's important to set those vars before execution:

set PYTHONHOME=C:\Python
set PYTHONPATH=C:\Python\lib\python2.7;C:\Python\pyd

And it also provides include files and .a libs

It took me ages to figure that I had missaplied one of the patches (the 05
one, that needed patch -p1 instead of -p0) and didn't let me build the .dll
version for win32.

Also "CRYPT" and "PYEXPAT" packages are disabled now for a lack of
libraries.

This killed all my spare time from the last email on the topic, which it's
been a lot more than expected.

I'm afraid that I'll need to ask for a lot of help if we really want to
build a set of shiny packages.

My next step is trying to compile the wxpython + kicad with this python
binary package, but I will wait until you can recover your data, may be
others are happy trying our shiny mingw-win32 python package :-)

Greetings, Mike

--

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo
http://www.nbee.es