Re: Python scripting cmake build macros.

On 1/20/2013 2:08 PM, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
> Argh, no need to apologize Wayne, I hope they can recover your system
> and provide you with something that works in an stable way.
>
> I really hate when those things happen, 4-5 years ago I had a problem like
> this with a couple of laptops, after some time we suspected of power surges
> in the electrical line, because some more little things died around, and
> I was
> astonished with the fact that the power adapter (2 different models)
> didn't kill those surges properly, which surprisingly only killed the
> hard-disks ...
>
> I wish you good luck with the repair.
>
> for the time being, I've been able to build a couple of packages:
>
> http://dev.kicad-pcb.org/pkgs/Python-2.7.1-mingw32.tar.gz
> http://dev.kicad-pcb.org/pkgs/Python-2.7.1-mingw32-builder.tar.gz  <--
> those are my cross build scripts at the moment that expect some files in
> "archive" directory.

I'll download them and take a look at them.  I'm using my laptop right
now which is way to slow to be building really big projects like Python.
 By the time I get them built, my desktop will be back from HP's repair
department.

> The python-2.7.1 we've built runs for win32, and I'm installing it to
> C:\Python, but could go other places

The binary archive is a good start but most Window's users will expect
an installer.  I didn't see any CPack stuff in the CMake files used to
build Python so there will be a lot of work to do in that regard.

> It's important to set those vars before execution:
>
> set PYTHONHOME=C:\Python
> set PYTHONPATH=C:\Python\lib\python2.7;C:\Python\pyd
>

> And it also provides include files and .a libs

These are key to building other extensions.

> It took me ages to figure that I had missaplied one of the patches (the
> 05 one, that needed patch -p1 instead of -p0) and didn't let me build
> the .dll version for win32.
>
> Also "CRYPT" and "PYEXPAT" packages are disabled now for a lack of
> libraries.

I'm pretty sure libexpat builds on MinGW.  There is an expat package
available for MinGW.  I'm not sure about the crypt library.

> This killed all my spare time from the last email on the topic, which
> it's been a lot more than expected.

I'm not surprised, these things always end up taking more time than I
think they will.  Thank you for all of you efforts.

Wayne