Re: Python scripting cmake build macros.

On 01/31/2013 09:50 AM, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
> I not sure exactly what does it cover, but probably file access, dir reads, processes, etc…

>> Why is it important to KiCad python scripting, which I would think wants to avoid Windows
>> specific idiosyncrasies?

I just downloaded the source code and browsed it.  It is Microsoft lock-in shit, which
even if it could be ported to MingW, would not be good for communitity of KiCad python
scripters.

wxPython the stuff coming from python.org, seems enough for me.  I am now officially
opposed to getting anywhere near pywin32 for this KiCad project.

We want to build a base of scripts which are cross platform, and re-usable by other KiCad
users, running KiCad on platforms other than Windows.

pywin32 is the antithesis of that:  MFC, COM, DCOM, etc., all shit I left behind me 17
years ago.  And I mean shit.

Dick