Re: Script access to pcb plot

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 12:51:38AM +0100, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
> More questions,  is it possible to tell the plotter a background color?, something weird for a plotter, right,
> but in SVG it would be great to dump in black background too.

Uhmm no. The only background processing done is the initial black splat
for the initial negative processing (and only in pcbnew).

Nothing forbid you to do a svg-only interface for background color (or
else do a virtual in the base class which is a no-op and implement it
where significative). Both approach have deep philosophical implications XD

Look for 'fat interface' on the net for neverending holy wars (i.e.
a virtual method against a dynamic cast for checking availability). Also
known as: C++ has no duck typing XDXD.

Anyway the PS/PDF drivers already have the required code (the negative
splat). Sadly ATM this is *not* done in the driver (I don't remember
why...), look for the FillNegativeKnockout function in pcbnew. That
could be easy moved in the initial page processing.

Of course the negative feature *can't* be replaced with something like
that because gerber (which is in fact the most important driver)
implements it natively.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl