My conclusions about the m_layer of a MODULE

It seems that a MODULE is always created on copper top and then can only be
flipped (going to copper bottom). This is coherent with its IsFlipped
definition, and also with the idea of a physical component (however this
is not checked in the file read code).

I think that the check for silk or adhesive (?) layers are from some
previous idea, or just from confusion between the TEXT layer and the
MODULE one. So IMHO they just are 'noise', i.e. can't happen situations.

However, if we talk about 'virtual' modules, there *could* be
a situation in which a module could be useful in another COPPER layer,
if in the future we want to handle things like meanders like the current
muonde tools. That's because currently modules can only contains copper
in front or back module (the layer shift would need to be implemented,
anyway). That's for the future.

At the moment I'd like to think that modules can be only on copper front
or copper back (unless someone hacks the file, and anyway couldn't gain
a thing from that:D)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl