I am not dyslexic but need help

For over a year now, emails that I send out are having spaces removed
from them.
This makes me look stupider and blinder than I really am.

This is on Thunderbird 17.0.5 and several version previous.

Theproblem has alsosurvived afull upgrade from Ubuntu Lucid to
Pristine and several upgrades of Thunderbird.

You write a sentence, perhaps hit the backspace key to correct
something, maybe add a space, and then when everything looks fine, you
send.

When the email arrives at the recipient, or even in the "sent" folder,
there are missing spaces.

Any help is appreciated.  Any understanding is appreciatedand now you
know why it is happening.

Thanks,

Dick

Follow ups