Plan for user layer names

After long meditation my plan is this:

First idea (really good but has issues)

- Internal and names do not change (I myself am tired of
  these renames)

- Default layer names for a board are the the internal ones

- In the layer setup the user can rename all the layers (the original
  name is shown aside for reference if someone had the stupid idea to
  rename the front mask to something idiot)

- Plot file name get the user name

Biggest issue:

The sexp board file contains the 'user' names, and that's not good (both
for me and for Dick), so in the layer section the 'user name' should be
added. Additionally the copper layers should be used with the internal
id, too (for consistency). In this way you'd have (for example) in the
layer header Inner2 "Grounds" (user name) and for the whole other file
it would be used as Inner2. Motivation: if you rename the Mask, Solder
or Paste layer you lose the *.xxx wildcards.

Second idea (partial but a lot easier to do):

- You can rename copper and comments layer, special layers are fixed

- In the file you get the user name (since there are no wildcards
  involved nobody get hurt if I rename Comments to Clearances, for
  example); the sexp parser already handle nonstandard layer because of
  user copper names, so it should a painless modification.

In both case obviously the module editor and non-board related stuff
obviously keep the internal name.

I think one of these should make *everybody* happy (I don't think that
not renaming technical layer would be a big loss, anyway)

Please comment

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl