Units in pcbnew: inch, mm and mils

Hello everybody

This is my first e-mail on KiCad mailing list.
I started using KiCad more than 3 years ago and first I made some improvements to the original code (based on kicad-2010-04-06-SVN2508).
Lately I found some time to move my changes to Bazaar based code (4098).

I would like to propose to introduce to pcbnew additional units: mils.

Why?
Because dimensions are small so operating on inches when you need thousandths of inch is harder.
It's like measuring length of earthworm in miles or km.
I think that typing unnecessary zeroes and commas is waste of time.
Why just don't type 10 (mils) instead of 0,01 (inch) or 8 instead of 0,008.

Below are screen shots of my work - added 'mils' to left toolbar (new icon), general settings, context menu, etc. Units are switched in following order: inches -> millimeters -> mils -> inches ...

For now  I added mils only to the pcbnew, but I plan to add it to modedit.
GridSelectBox is wider (120%) and shows two units simultanously (as it is in context menu Grid). This allow quickly switch grid for example between mils and mm without changing units.

If you thing that adding mils to toolbar, dialogs, etc. to KiCad is good idea let me know, I'll prepare patch.

Mariusz