Re: KiCad GAL changelog

On 04/22/2013 07:47 PM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 06:07:28PM +0200, Maciej Suminski wrote:
Now the work is going to focus on speeding up OpenGL renderer, by
means of caching rendered items. It should especially improve render
speed for polygons, as right now they are tessellated every frame
and that takes a lot of time. Using OpenGL display lists at first
and Vertex Buffer Objects in the future should significantly
increase FPS.
In the meantime I am also working on a version for Mac OS too.

Just a little notice: AFAIK display lists are deprecated (and possibly
unavailable!) from OpenGL 3.1 and later. Are there significant platforms
out there which don't support VBO and still needs display lists?

Alternatively: are we sure that everyone is still implementing display
lists?

/me hates when they deprecate functions *and* remove them too:((

Seems reasonable. I wanted to implement it as display lists as I have more experience with that. But probably you are right about it - it may be just a waste of time, so I will stick to VBOs from the beginning.

--
Maciej Sumiński, CERN