Re: Highlithing components with a certain value

On 04/27/2013 04:03 PM, Simon Huwyler wrote:

To finally come to the point: What I missed was a feature that marked
all 10k resistors at a time. Very simple, actually.

Hi Simon,

Again, it's a good job for the scripting engine. Input an expression (for example type == component && value == "10k"), evaluate it for all BOARD_ITEMs and highlight matching ones. This is the way A****m folks did it and it works perfectly there.

@Lorenzo: You will probably need adding a per-item HIGHLIGTHED flag (no globals, please).

Tom

PS. You might be interested in assembly drawing generator (see PDF). A long time a go I wrote a script that produces such PDFs from Gerber & pick&place CSV files. Same thing could be done directly in Kicad (perhaps as a Python plugin). I'll clean up the script and put it on ohwr/github if I find some time.