Re: layer based constraints

both is a python object that is visible to C++ that is stuffed at each distance test point
in the DRC?  At least one of the two members would need to be updated on each compare.

Hi Dick,

I'm not sure, it might be the case if a single matching expression refers to both items. A crude solution would be to input two expressions (one for each object), and calculate their values prior to running the actual DRC. A****m works this way and its DRC is maybe not the fastest in the world (~20 secs for a moderately complex 12-layer board), but certainly quite flexible.

It will definitely be a bottleneck.  Maybe we should measure how bad soon, otherwise this
is a suggestion which serves as a roadblock to progress, and the roadblock itself it not
currently a solution.
P&S is currently the top priority for me, I can't spend time evaluating DRC speed. Another bottleneck in the DRC is the lack of spatial indexing and numerically unstable clearance calculations. There's a lot of stuff to be improved there.

The idea is innovative, and if it is not like watching snails race, it may have some merit.

Thanks.

Tom