Re: Highlithing components with a certain value

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 05:33:12PM +0200, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> @Lorenzo: You will probably need adding a per-item HIGHLIGTHED flag
> (no globals, please).

I never *meant* to suggest a global. I only feared there was one in
there...

In fact, looking closely, there is *no* component level highlighting in
pcbnew; it only has net highlighting (in... highlight.cpp, obviously :D)

BOARD::DrawHighLight would be a good site to look for how to do the
'highlight' effect (it's simply a flag in the colour type... but it's
tricky to pass it correctly to the compositing object draw functions).
However storing the parts to be highlighted will require either a) some
container in the board or b) a flag in the MODULE object).

Don't ask me now what is better... a flag would have no lifecycle issues
but a container would be more elegant. Some pondering required on this.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl