Re: specctra_export patch to allow nesteted pcb edges

On 04/29/2013 01:22 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Thomas,
>

> The keepout polygon you are putting into the DSN file is on a non-existent layer named
> "signal".
>
> It seems like a freerouter idiosyncrasy that it accepts this.
>
> Here is the grammar for specctra polygon:
>

> (polygon
> <layer_id >
> <aperture_width>
> {<vertex> }
> [(aperture_type [round | square])]
> )
>
> Here is what you are outputting:
>

>     (keepout "" (polygon signal 0  220980 -125730  232410 -125730
> 		232410 -137160  220980 -137160  220980 -125730))
>

> 1) Do you agree this is probably non-standard behaviour on the part of freerouter?  If
> not, can you tell me the page number within the specctra spec where this single layer
> approach is explained?
>

> 2) Do you find that although this is only a *single* fictitious layer that you are
> outputting, that the keepout is respected on *all* cu layers within freerouter?
>

> There were a couple of user's using this export with the Electra router, is the reason I
> ask.  It is important to know when we are relying on non-standard behaviour.

Never mind, I found it 12 seconds after I clicked "send".  Top of page 108.

Cool.  So the concept is general, not freerouter specific.

This is making use of a "reserved_layer_name" which is actually a category consisting of
all cu layers.   Good work.